Blundstone-Original #500-Stout Brown
Legendary comfort meets modern versatility with the Blundstone #500 boots. These authentic leather Chelsea boots are built to go wherever life takes you, whether in urban city or off road in the wild.
This is where it all started. The Original Chelsea in Stout Brown is shaped like your foot for instant comfort that just gets better with wear. All-season, all-surface versatility makes the Original Chelsea a favourite first boot. Blundstone fans always seem to have a well-loved pair or two of Originals kicking around. Legendary Blundstone comfort in unisex Blundstone sizing.
- Premium leather elastic sided boot.
- Fully removable shaped comfort footbed.
- Polyurethane (PU) midsole/thermo-urethane (TPU) outsole highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack.
- Oil, acid and organic fat resistant.
- Outsole heat resistant to 290°F.
- Steel shank – ensures correct step flex point, assists with torsional stability.
- Extra set of footbeds for fit adjustment.
- Lightweight and durable.
Rule of Toe:
- For women subtract 3 sizes from your Canadian size.
- For men subtract 1 size from your Canadian size.
It is not abnormal for there to be some initial movement in the boot, particularly in the heel area. Length is the most important element when trying them on. All Blundstone boots have reinforced toes which help keep the shape of the boot intact. The boots will never stretch in length. However, they will stretch and mold to the top of the feet, and will easily stretch in width if required. If the fit is initially tight on the top of your feet—be patient, it will stretch, or can be easily stretched by a cobbler.
How should my Blundstone Boots fit?
Length is primary consideration when fitting Blundstone boots. Walk around in the boots and get a sense of whether your front most toe is touching the front of the boots. If they are consistently touching the front of the boots, then the boots are too small. A thumb width (or minimum of ½ an inch) of space between the end of the customer’s foot and the end of the boot is recommended for a good fit.
Width can be focused on now that you have determined the length of the boot. Blundstone boots are commonly referred to as ‘outdoor slippers’, referring to the ease of putting on and taking off these boots. Blundstone boots typically have a loose fit and a centimetre or two of heel lift is very common with Blundstone boots. If you still find that they fit too generously, the insoles provided in the box are helpful for snugging up the fit. It may also be common for you to feel pressure across the instep of the boot where the ‘v-stitching’ comes across the instep. This pressure will often dissipate with regular wear after a two to three week period, once the leather begins to stretch.
- Dress (formerly Chisel toe) are a bit of a longer fit than other Blundstone styles. In our experience, some people go down a ½ to 1 full size in this style to accommodate for the longer fit.
- Please note that half sizes in Blundstone boots are a bit unusual—they do not increase the length of the boot. Instead, they increase the amount of space over the foot by adding more leather creating a wider fit.
- Use that extra pair of insoles in the box if you find there is too much movement in your Blundstone boots. Doubling up on the insoles can take up about ½ a size worth of space!
- The size on the bottom of your boot represents the Australian size